|Numéro de publication||US1035480 A|
|Type de publication||Octroi|
|Date de publication||13 août 1912|
|Date de dépôt||9 oct. 1907|
|Date de priorité||9 oct. 1907|
|Numéro de publication||US 1035480 A, US 1035480A, US-A-1035480, US1035480 A, US1035480A|
|Inventeurs||George W Schodde|
|Cessionnaire d'origine||Milton Schnaier|
|Exporter la citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Référencé par (19), Classifications (5)|
|Liens externes: USPTO, Cession USPTO, Espacenet|
G. W. SCHODDE.
APPLICATION FILED 00129, 1007.
1,035,480, Patented Aug. 13, 1912.
WITNESSES: 2e 4% INVENTOR WWW 15;, ATTORNEY COLUMBIA YLANOGIIAFN C0,, WMHINQTOBLID. C:-
U1. TIIEI) STATES PATENT OFFICE.
GEORGE W. SGHODDE, OF NEW YORK, N. Y., ASSIGNOR, BY'MESNE ASSIGNMENTS, TO I MILTON SCHNAIER, OF NEW YORK, N. Y.
Specification of Letters Patent.
Patented la. 13, 1912.
Application filed October 9, 1907. Serial No. 396,589.
To all whom it may concern Be it known that I, GEORGE W. SC'IIODDE, a citizen of the United States, residing at the city of New York, borough of Manhattan, in the county and State of New York, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in AreaDrains, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact specification.
My invention relates to improvements in plumbing, and the same has for its object more particularly to provide a simple, ellicient and reliable drain composed of few parts, and which may easily and readily be taken apart in order to permit of the same being connected to the waste pipe.
Further, said invention has for its object to provide a drain which will arrest the passage of solid matter carried into it with the water, and which would otherwise enter the waste pipe and obstruct the same.
Further, said invention has for its object to provide a drain which will not retain or hold any material quantity of water, which might upon freezing cause the drain to crack or break.
Further, said invention has for its object to provide a drain which may be readily opened in order to remove any solid matter which may have collected or accumulated therein.
To the attainment of the aforesaid objects and ends my invention consists in the novel details of construction and in the combination, connection and arrangement of parts hereinafter more fully described and then pointed out in the claims.
In the accompanying drawings forming part of this specification wherein like numerals of reference indicate like parts, Figure 1 is a central vertical section, taken on the line 11 of Fig. 2, showing one form of an area drain constructed according to and embodying my said invention, and Fig. 2 is a top view thereof, partly broken away.
In said drawings 5 designates a receptacle which is here shown as of rectangular form made of suitable metal or material and cast in one piece, and provided at its base near one of its edges with a sleeve 6 adapted to receive the end of a waste pipe 7 which is secured therein by a packing 8.
9 denotes a laterally-extending recessed flange which is provided along the upper edge of the receptacle 5, and 10 denotes a perforated cover fitted into the recessed portion of said flange 9. Said cover 10 is provided at one of its edges adjacent to its corners with projecting lugs 11, 11 adapted to fit into recesses 12, 12 provided in the upper edge of said receptacle 5, and at its opposite edge said cover is provided with a locking device comprising a stem 13 having a projection 1 .1 at its lower end adapted to engage a recess 14 provided upon the inner side of the receptacle 5. The upper portion of said stem 13 is flattened and provided with a shoulder 15, and to said flattened portion is pivotally secured a key 16 which is adapted to fold into a recess 17 provided in said cover 10, to hold the device to its locked position.
Upon the inner side of two opposite side walls 18, 18 of the receptacle 5 adjacent to its base are provided inwardly extending studs or projections 19, 19 and 20 denotes a flat battle plate provided at its lower edge with a horizontal member 21 adapted to be supported upon the base of the receptacle 5 intermediate one of the side walls 20, and the studs or projections 19, 19, and 22 denote rims o-r webs arranged upon the op posite edges of the horizontal member 21, and having their upper ends terminating adjacent to the lower portion of the inclined battle plate 20. At its upper corners said baille plate is provided with longitudinally projecting arms 23, 23, the ends of which are adapted to contact with the inner surface of one of the end walls 18, 18 in order to support said batlle plate 9.1 in an inclined position.
Upon the inner surface of the side walls 18, 18 directly above the upper ends of the arms 23, 23 of the baflle plate 20, are provided short slots or recesses, 2 1, 24: adapted to receive the lugs 25, 25 provided at the opposite upper corners of a deflecting plate 26 which is maintained in an inclined position above and parallel to the ballle plate 20, by means of lugs 27, 27 provided upon the under surface of said deflecting plate 26 at its upper edge. In order to prevent fluid as well as solid matter directly entering the waste pipe 7 the lower edge of the deflecting plate 26 is so proportioned that it will slightly overlap the upper edge of the baffle plate 20.
In operation the fluid which enters the receptacle 5 through the perforated cover 10 is first caused to collect in the receptacle 5 behind the baffle, plate 20 and then pass over the top edge thereof, and bet-ween its side and bottom edges and the side walls and base of the receptacle 5, and into the waste pipe 7. As the battle plate 20 is not fixed to the inner surface of the receptacle 5, the fluid matter is permitted to pass between the edges thereof and the interior of the receptacle, while the solid matter will be restrained thereby.
In order to clean out the solid matter it merely becomes necessary to raise the cover 10 and then remove the deflecting plate 26 and lift the battle plate 20 out of the receptacle 5, upon the horizontal portion 21 of which the solid matter is supported.
Having thus described my invention what I claim and desire to secure by Letters Patent is:
1. An area drain comprising a receptacle having an inlet and an outlet, a perforated cover for said inlet, an inclined bafile plate loosely disposed in said receptacle intermediate its inlet and outlet, a horizontal member extending from the lower edge of said batlie plate for supporting said plate in po sition, and means for retaining said batlie plate in position, a deflecting plate loosely disposed in said receptacle'above said baffle plate and having its lower edge overlapping the upper edge of said baflie plate, substantially as specified.
2. An area drain comprising a receptacle having an inlet and an outlet therein, a perforated cover for said inlet, means for securing said cover in position, an inclined battle plate loosely disposed in said receptacle intermediate its inlet and outlet, means extending laterally from the bottom of said plate for supporting the same in position, a deflecting plate loosely disposed in said receptacle above said bafiie plate and having its lower edge overlapping the upper edge of said baffle plate, and means for supporting said deflecting plate in position, substantially as specified.
3. An area drain comprising a receptacle having an inlet and outlet therein, a bafiie plate having a horizontal member, means for supporting said bafile plate in an inclined position, recesses arranged in said side walls above the upper edge of said bafile plate, a deflecting plate having lugs at its upper edge adapted to fit in said recesses, and means for supporting said deflecting plate in position, substantially as specified.
4. An area drain comprising a receptacle having an inlet and outlet therein, a baflle plate having a horizontal member at its lower edge adapted to rest upon the base of said receptacle, and arms extending from its upper edge adapted for contact with one of the end walls for supporting said battle plate in an inclined position, recesses arranged in said side walls above the ends of the arms of the bafiie plate, a deflecting plate having lugs at its upper edge adapted to fit into said recesses, and lugs arranged upon the underside of said defiecting plate for maintaining said deflecting plate in an inclined position, substantially as specified.
5. An area drain comprising a receptacle having inlet and outlets therein, a perforated cover for said inlet, projections arranged upon the side walls of said receptacle, a bafiie plate having a horizontal mem ber extending from its lower edge adapted to rest upon the base of said receptacle, and arms extending from its upper edge adapted to contact with one of the end Walls for supporting said baffle plate in an inclined po sition, recesses arranged in said side walls above the ends of the arms of the battle plate, a deflecting plate having lugs at its upper edge adapted to fit into said recesses, and lugs arranged upon the underside of said deflect-ing plate for maintaining said deflecting plate in an inclined position, substantially as specified.
Signed at the city of New York, in the county and State of New York, this twentyfirst day of March, nineteen hundred and seven.
enonen w. scnonnn A. R. ANGUS.
Copies of this patent may be obtained for five cents each, by addressing the Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D. G.
|Brevet citant||Date de dépôt||Date de publication||Déposant||Titre|
|US4257193 *||12 avr. 1979||24 mars 1981||Williams Robert C||Grate lock device|
|US5004534 *||16 mai 1988||2 avr. 1991||Vincenzo Buzzelli||Catch basin|
|US5154199 *||8 févr. 1991||13 oct. 1992||Semitool, Inc.||Semiconductor processor draining|
|US5490922 *||24 sept. 1993||13 févr. 1996||Romag Rohren Und Maschinen Ag||Waste water plant with built-in mesh screen unit|
|US6062239 *||30 juin 1998||16 mai 2000||Semitool, Inc.||Cross flow centrifugal processor|
|US6125863 *||30 juin 1998||3 oct. 2000||Semitool, Inc.||Offset rotor flat media processor|
|US6299764 *||2 juin 2000||9 oct. 2001||Stainless Steel Systems, Inc.||Sanitary floor drain|
|US6749746||25 janv. 2002||15 juin 2004||Munro Concrete Products Ltd.||Catch basin trap with filter|
|US7494585||3 sept. 2004||24 févr. 2009||Khalil Ibrahim Nino||Large area catch basin filter|
|US7588392||24 avr. 2007||15 sept. 2009||Zurn Industries, Llc||Removable grate|
|US7674371||5 mars 2002||9 mars 2010||Frank Rainer Kolb||Waste water installation with purification device|
|US9347679 *||13 janv. 2014||24 mai 2016||Lynne Bruhnke||Grille door opener|
|US20040134843 *||5 mars 2002||15 juil. 2004||Kolb Frank Rainer||Waste water installation with purification device|
|US20050051499 *||3 sept. 2004||10 mars 2005||Nino Khalil Ibrahim||Large area catch basin filter|
|US20050103694 *||18 nov. 2003||19 mai 2005||Hardy Rost||Nestable catch basin assembly with removable debris trap|
|US20060231508 *||19 avr. 2005||19 oct. 2006||Wayland Marzett||Catch basin apparatus and method of use for the same|
|US20060231509 *||19 avr. 2005||19 oct. 2006||Wayland Marzett||Novel enhanced catch basin apparatus and process for making the same|
|US20080014022 *||24 avr. 2007||17 janv. 2008||Zurn Industries, Inc.||Removable grate|
|US20150198352 *||13 janv. 2014||16 juil. 2015||Oemetrix, L.L.C.||Grille door opener|
|Classification aux États-Unis||210/247, 210/163, 210/305, 210/307|