(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Carter et al.
(54) CANNULA DELIVERY APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR A DISPOSABLE INFUSION DEVICE
(75) Inventors: Brett J. Carter, Monroe, WA
(US); Clifton A. Alferness, Port
Orchard, WA (US); John M.
Adams, Kirkland, WA (US);
Daniel Hawkins, Newscastle, WA
Richard O. Gray, Jr.
Suite. 350, 155-108th Avenue N.E.
Bellevue, WA 98004-5973
(73) Assignee: Seattle Medical Technologies
(21) Appl. No.: 11/641,596
(22) Filed: Dec. 18, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/809,957, filed on May 31, 2006.
(51) Int. CI.
A61M 5/162 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 604/164.01; 604/180
An infusion system comprises a disposable wearable infusion device having a body arranged to be adhered to a patient's skin and a reservoir for holding a liquid medicant to be infused into the patient. The infusion system further includes a cannula driver arranged to be detachably joined with the infusion device. The cannula driver includes a cannula and is arranged to drive the cannula into a deployed position extending from the infusion device to beneath the patient's skin.