(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (i0) Pub. No.: US 2009/0099589 Al
Paul et al. (43) Pub. Date: Apr. 16,2009
(54) INVERTING OCCLUSION DEVICES, METHODS, AND SYSTEMS
(76) Inventors: Ram H. Paul, Bloomington, IN
(US); Brian C. Case, Bloomington,
IN (US); Jacob A. Flagle,
Indianapolis, IN (US)
WOODARD, EMHARDT, MORIARTY,
MCNETT & HENRY LLP
111 MONUMENT CIRCLE, SUITE 3700
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204-5137 (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/338,731
(22) Filed: Dec. 18, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 11/322,145, filed on Dec. 29, 2005.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/640,544, filed on Dec. 30, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
A61M 29/00 (2006.01)
A61B 19/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 606/194; 606/192; 128/898
Described are devices, methods and systems useful for achieving occlusion of vascular vessels. Percutaneous procedures can be used to occlude and obliterate the greater saphenous vein, for example in the treatment of varicose vein condition caused by venous reflux. Certain embodiments encompass the percutaneous delivery of an occlusion device inverted within a cannula, its deployment and filling, so as to occlude or obliterate a portion of a vascular vessel.