(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Kamath et al.
(54) INTEGRATED MEDICAMENT DELIVERY DEVICE FOR USE WITH CONTINUOUS ANALYTE SENSOR
(75) Inventors: Apurv U. Kamath, San Diego, CA (US); Richard C. Yang, Irvine, CA (US); Jacob S. Leach, Carlsbad, CA (US); Nelson Quintana, San
Diego, CA (US)
KNOBBE, MARTENS, OLSEN & BEAR, LLP 2040 MAIN STREET, FOURTEENTH FLOOR IRVINE, CA 92614 (US)
(73) Assignee: DexCom, Inc., San Diego, CA (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/133,786
(22) Filed: Jun. 5, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/942,787, filed on Jun. 8, 2007.
(51) Int. CI.
A61M 31/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 604/66
An integrated system for the monitoring and treating diabetes is provided, including an integrated receiver/hand-held medicament injection pen, including electronics, for use with a continuous glucose sensor. In some embodiments, the receiver is configured to receive continuous glucose sensor data, to calculate a medicament therapy (e.g., via the integrated system electronics) and to automatically set a bolus dose of the integrated hand-held medicament injection pen, whereby the user can manually inject the bolus dose of medicament into the host. In some embodiments, the integrated receiver and hand-held medicament injection pen are integrally formed, while in other embodiments they are detachably connected and communicated via mutually engaging electrical contacts and/or via wireless communication.