(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0117558 Al
Angermann et al. (43) Pub. Date: Jun. 2,2005
(54) METHOD FOR REDUCING DATA TRANSPORT VOLUME IN DATA NETWORKS
(75) Inventors: Michael Angermann, Grafelfing (DE);
Jens Kammann, Gilching (DE);
Patrick Robertson, Ammerland (DE);
Christian Wasel, Munchen (DE)
COLLARD & ROE, PC.
1077 NORTHERN BOULEVARD
ROSLYN, NY 11576 (US)
(73) Assignee: Deutsches Zentrum fur Luft-und Raumfahrt e. V.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/002,602
(22) Filed: Dec. 2, 2004
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Dec. 2, 2003 (DE) 103 56 724.0
Formed in a proxy server (CP) from the data output by a server application (SA) in response to a client (CA) inquiry is a message digest (MD) which is checked in said proxy server by comparison as to whether an identical message digest is already cached in the proxy server for said client. If so, a brief response message (HIT) is communicated by the proxy server to said client (CA) signalizing that the content can be found in the cache of a mobile proxy (MP) assigned to said client. If not, the complete content including the message digest serving as a key is communicated to the proxy of said client (CA) for caching there.
Application in mobile data services requiring data transport via wireless networks.