US 7,607,013 B2 Oct. 20, 2009
(54) METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ACCESS AUTHENTICATION IN WIRELESS MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: Weimin Liu, Beijing (CN); Huajun Cao, Beijing (CN); Guang Yang, Beijing (CN)
(73) Assignees: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd (KR);
Beijing Samsung Telecom R&D Center
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 879 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/068,188
(22) Filed: Feb. 28, 2005
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0197104 Al Sep. 8, 2005
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Feb. 27, 2004 (CN) 2004 1 0007550
(51) Int. CI.
H04L 9/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 713/168; 380/247; 380/255;
(58) Field of Classification Search None
See application file for complete search history.
A method for Access Authentication in the High Rate Packet Data Network is proposed in the present invention comprising steps of the AN-AAA receiving the Radius Access Request message sent from the HRPD AN; the AN-AAA judging whether a terminal is a roaming one according to the Network Access ID and transmits the roaming terminal's authentication information to the terminal' s home nerwork. If said terminal is a local one, the AN-AAA judges the type of the terminal according to the NAI value. If said terminal is a single-mode one, the AN-AAA works out the Result2 with the MD5 algorithm, if said terminal is in dual-mode, the AN-AAA calculates the Result2 with the CAVE algorithm to compare the Resultl with the Result2.
14 Claims, 9 Drawing Sheets