(54) PUSH ALERT SYSTEM, METHOD, AND COMPUTER PROGRAM PRODUCT
(75) Inventors: Brent J. Lymer, Sunnyvale, CA (US);
Babu Katchapalayam, Santa Clara, CA
(US); Brad Kingsbury, Agoura Hills,
(73) Assignee: McAfee, Inc., Santa Clara, CA (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/855,953
(22) Filed: Sep. 14, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/325,025, filed on Dec. 19,2002, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/319,288, filed on Dec. 13, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.
G06F 21/00 (2006.01)
G06F 3/048 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 726/22; 715/790
(58) Field of Classification Search None
See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A system, method and computer program product are provided for alerting users of a plurality of computers of a security event via a network. A security alert is first generated including information relating to a security event utilizing a server. The security alert is then pushed from the server to a plurality of computers via a network. The information of the security alert is then automatically displayed in a front most window of a user interface of the computers.
26 Claims, 16 Drawing Sheets