(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2007/0279440 Al
NEGLEY (43) Pub. Date: Dec. 6,2007
(54) LIGHTING DEVICE AND METHOD OF LIGHTING
(75) Inventor: Gerald H. NEGLEY, Durham, NC
BURR & BROWN
PO BOX 7068
SYRACUSE, NY 13261-7068 (US)
(73) Assignee: LED Lighting Fixtures, Inc., Morrisville, NC
(21) Appl. No.: 11/755,162
(22) Filed: May 30, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/809,595, filed on May 31, 2006.
A lighting device, comprising at least first and second current regulators, each switchable among two settings, and at least first and second groups of solid state light emitters. If the first regulator is in a first setting, a first current is supplied to the first group and a second current is supplied to the second group, and if the first regulator is in a second setting, a third current is supplied to the first group and a fourth current is supplied to the second group. In some embodiments, a ratio of the third current divided by the first current differ's from a ratio of the fourth current divided by the second current by at least 5 %. Also, a method comprising substantially simultaneously adjusting current supplied to a first group, and adjusting a current supplied to a second group.