(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0156028 Al
Menard et al. (43) Pub. Date: Aug. 21,2003
(54) DETECTION SYSTEM USING PERSONAL COMMUNICATION DEVICE WITH RESPONSE
(75) Inventors: Raymond J. Menard, Hastings, MN (US); Curtis E. Quady, Burnsville, MN (US)
SCHWEGMAN, LUNDBERG, WOESSNER &
P.O. BOX 2938
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402 (US)
(73) Assignee: Royal Thoughts, L.L.C.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/322,374
(22) Filed: Dec. 17, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 09/219,737, filed on Dec. 22, 1998.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/098,270, filed on Aug. 28, 1998.
(51) Int. CI.7 G08B 1/08
(52) U.S. C I 340/539.1
This system provides for apparatus and process in conjunction with long-range wireless communication networks such as paging, cell phone and other networks. The system provides for alarm and other signals received from a security or other type of detection system to be verified by a remote user so as to assist in the cancellation of alarms so that false dispatches can be prevented.