(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,864,153 B2
Yunetal. (45) Date of Patent: Jan. 4,2011
(54) APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR DRIVING LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY DEVICE
(75) Inventors: Sang Chang Yun, Gyeongsangbuk-do (KR); Jae Sung Kim, Daegu-si (KR)
(73) Assignee: LG Display Co., Ltd., Seoul (KR)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 1086 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/598,721
(22) Filed: Nov. 14, 2006
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2007/0229418 Al Oct. 4, 2007
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Mar. 30, 2006 (KR) 10-2006-0028981
Aug. 28, 2006 (KR) 10-2006-0081519
(51) Int. CI.
(52) U.S. CI 345/99
(58) Field of Classification Search 345/30-104
See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
5,321,750 A * 6/1994 Nadan 380/230
6,177,922 Bl* 1/2001 Schieferetal 345/698
2002/0075255 Al * 6/2002 Baeketal 345/212
An apparatus and method for driving a liquid crystal display (LCD) device is disclosed, to prevent error of a timing controller and to prevent the defective image on a frequency conversion, the apparatus comprising a liquid crystal display part to display images, a driver to drive the liquid crystal display part, a graphic system to output frequency-conversion prediction information in accordance with a frequency-conversion signal, and perform frequency conversion of a plurality of synchronizing signals, and a timing controller to control the driver to display video data according to a previous frame during the frequency conversion, in response to the frequency-conversion prediction information.
7 Claims, 8 Drawing Sheets