(54) METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR PERSON DATA AUTHENTICATION AND MANAGEMENT
(75) Inventors: Mary Ellen McCaffrey, Detroit, MI (US); Joseph Napoleon, Rochester Hills, MI (US); Melissa Loving, Troy, MI (US); Anne Root, Rochester Hills, MI (US)
(73) Assignee: DaimlerChrysler Corporation, Auburn Hills, MI (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 683 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/993,221
(22) Filed: Nov. 19, 2001
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2003/0105762 Al Jun. 5, 2003
(51) Int. CI.
G06F 7/04 (2006.01)
G06K 9/00 (2006.01)
H04L 9/32 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 726/2; 713/193; 707/2;
707/3; 707/5; 707/9; 235/379
(58) Field of Classification Search 713/193;
707/3,5,2,9; 235/379; 726/2 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS 6,532,459 Bl * 3/2003 Berson 707/3
A person authentication system for authenticating core person data to a plurality of unrelated database systems and virtually linking the plurality of unrelated database systems thus creating a person data repository is provided. A controller module is connected to the person data repository for applying business rules to the input and modification of the core person data. An access control module connected between a user interface of any one of the plurality of unrelated databases systems and the controller module monitors for the input, query or modification of core person data and imposes the business rules on any input, query or modification of the core person data. An authentication module connected to the controller module authenticates as unique the addition of a person to the person data repository.
11 Claims, 5 Drawing Sheets