(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2007/0132503 Al
Nordin (43) Pub. Date: Jun. 14,2007
Patent Application Publication Jun. 14, 2007 Sheet 2 of 3
(54) POWER PATCH PANEL WITH GUIDED MAC CAPABILITY
(75) Inventor: Ronald A. Nordin, Naperville, IL (US)
LEGAL DEPARTMENT - TP12
17301 SOUTH RIDGELAND AVENUE
TINLEY PARK, IL 60477 (US)
(73) Assignee: PANDUIT CORP., Tinley Park, IL (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/564,625
(22) Filed: Nov. 29, 2006
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/742,533, filed on Dec. 6, 2005.
(51) Int. CI.
G0SF 1/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 327/518
A method and apparatus are provided for incorporating guided network cable Move/Add/Change (MAC) work order capability into a power patch panel. MAC work orders may be controlled and monitored using in-band signaling using, e.g., standard RJ-45 patch cords. Cable detection is performed at a port level on a real-time basis. Coordination of guided MAC operations may be performed by the patch panel, independently, or in conjunction with, or under the control of, a remote Network Management System. The patch panel may be in either an interconnect or crossconnect configuration.