(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,771,230 B2
Hammond, Jr. et al. (45) Date of Patent: *Aug. 10, 2010
(54) METHODS AND SYSTEMS FOR MINIMIZING ALIEN CROSSTALK BETWEEN CONNECTORS
(75) Inventors: Bernard Harold Hammond, Jr.,
Aurora, CO (US); Damon F.
DeBenedictis, Castle Rock, CO (US)
(73) Assignee: ADC Telecommunications, Inc., Eden Prairie, MN (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 1 day.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/983,812
(22) Filed: Nov. 8, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2008/0299821 Al Dec. 4, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 11/327,296, filed on Jan. 6, 2006, now Pat. No. 7,294,024.
(51) Int. CI.
H01R 13/60 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 439/541.5; 439/607.02
(58) Field of Classification Search 439/541.5,
439/676, 607, 941, 607.02 See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A telecommunications device comprising a faceplate including at least two adjacent jack receptacles, the two adjacent jack receptacles positioned vertically and horizontally offset to each other and a j ack mounted in at least one of the two j ack receptacles, the j ack defining a port in the front end for receiving a plug, the jack also defining spring contacts within the port for making electrical contact with the plug, the jack including insulation displacement contacts electrically connected to the spring contacts, the insulation displacement contacts configured to establish electrical contact with conductors of a cable. A cap manufactured of a material configured to minimize transmission of electrical signal away from its intended path fits about the jack to cover at least a portion of the outer surface defined by the insulation displacement contacts.
19 Claims, 13 Drawing Sheets