(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Pham et al.
(54) METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR MONITORING AND CONTROLLING RECEIVING CIRCUIT MODULES AT A LOCAL COLLECTION FACILITY FROM A REMOTE FACILITY
(75) Inventors: Hoang D. Pham, Westminster, CA (US); Jeanet C. Mika, Manhattan Beach, CA (US); Douglas E. Ribordy, Emeryville, CA (US); Daniel M. Miner, Redondo Beach, CA(US)
THE DIRECTV GROUP, INC.
PATENT DOCKET ADMINISTRATION
CA / LAI / A109, 2230 E. IMPERIAL HIGHWAY
EL SEGUNDO, CA 90245 (US)
(73) Assignee: The DIRECTV Group, Inc., El
Segundo, CA (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 11/853,730
(22) Filed: Sep. 11, 2007
(51) Int. CI.
H04N 7/20 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 725/68; 725/63; 370/438
A system and method for controlling receiving circuit module includes a remote facility, an IP network and a local collection facility in communication with the remote facility through the IP network. The local collection facility includes a plurality of primary receiving circuit modules having a first encoder. The local collection facility generates a receiving circuit module monitoring signal. The local collection facility communicates the monitoring signal to the remote facility through the IP network. The monitoring system generates a receiving circuit module control signal in response to the monitoring signal communicates the receiving circuit module control signal to the receiving circuit module through the IP network.