(54) DEVICE, APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR RECEIVING DATA TRANSMISSIONS HAVING DIFFERENT DATA RATES
(75) Inventors: Julio Fernandez Varela, Columbia, MD (US); David Childress Newman, Baltimore, MD (US); Robert James Conrad, Silver Springs, MD (US)
(73) Assignee: TSI Telsys, Inc., Columbia, MD (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/951,598
(22) Filed: Dec. 6, 2007
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2008/0075211 Al Mar. 27, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division of application No. 10/374,839, filed on Feb. 26, 2003, now Pat. No. 7,327,805.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/3 5 9,881, filed on Feb. 28, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.
H04B 1/10 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 375/350
(58) Field of Classification Search 375/350
See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
A continuously tunable linear phase filter having a ground connection includes a three-terminal Bessel filter having an input terminal for receiving a signal, an output terminal for delivering a signal, a control terminal for receiving a control voltage, and a varactor. Each of the terminals are in signal communication with each other and the varactor is in signal communication with each of the terminals and ground, the varactor being responsive to the control voltage at the control terminal. The capacitance of the varactor is continuously adjustable in response to a change in the control voltage at the control terminal, thereby enabling continuous tuning of the continuously tunable linear phase filter in response to the control voltage.
10 Claims, 13 Drawing Sheets